Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Colored lights blending

Apparently I have nothing better to do, so I found a way to blend the colored lights. It's not perfect, but it works well. I also noticed that I will have to do some post processing on my light map to blend the colors better. And my walls pickup the light from a nearby tile now, and it's not the expected effect. They now look like they get colored by a light on the wrong side of the wall.

I think I might skip the wall getting it's color from a nearby tile and work out another way to color them. Right now a "blocked" til cant have a light value calculated for it as it stops the line of sight algorithm. So a special case might be to check the light's effect on a blocked tile even if it's blocked, then save it if the light can reach it.

The light map is only for static lights, I will have to run through a list of dynamic lights and calculate them separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment