Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lighting, light map and post processing

Amazingly I got something done today even tho all the kids are here, all 5 of them.

I got the lights to blend better and smoothed them out a bit. The image is with a 150 random lights. It takes about a second to calculate everything, so no waiting.


In the last post I made, There's a picture of the light after only using the bresenham algorithm to check what tiles are directly affected by light. I am still doing that, but right after I do some processing where I check surrounding tiles and spreed the light to unlit tiles. After that I start calculating light based on the tiles corners. I am drawing all tiles with a color value at all 4 corners so it's not always an even color over one tile.

There are still some problems with it, but think I will leave it as it is for now. It will probably not make more people play the game. Game contents are going to bring people back for more, not visual perfection..... I hope.

On a side note, doing the lights was really fun, I have never done that before. It's instant satisfaction when things starts working. There's hundreds of hours of tweaking left, but it's time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment