Thursday, December 22, 2011

To do or not to do

I have been programming for some years now in my spare time. I work as a developer and like to program. My language of choice at the moment is Java.

I have programmed a few games before, but never finished any of them. I made a Boulder dash clone with one of my friends, only needed a few thing to be complete, but never got around to it. I think one of the reasons is that there tends to be a lot of feature creep and new ideas. Biting of more than you can handle is also a major factor in un finished projects.

So this time I have decided to write a simple small rpg, a Rouge like game. And release it on one of the sites that share revenue from ads and see if it's possible to make any money as a single or 2 person group.

It will not be a tutorial on how to write a game, but there will be posts on how i solved some of the problems and what technologies I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment